Opener reports instances of the following events occurring:
- Each time a link is opened through Opener, the app it was opened in is recorded. This includes apps which Opener doesn't explicitly support but are opened via the automated deep link detection feature.
- Each time Opener is opened via the
show-options action in its URL scheme (documented here), the bundle identifier of the app that Opener was opened from is recorded.
Each of these events includes the following additional pieces of information:
- Whether the event occurred from the Opener app or its action extension.
- The version of Opener that the device was running when the event occurred.
- The OS version of the device that the event occurred on.
- The model of the device that the event occurred on.
- The screen dimensions of the device the app was running on when the event occurred.
- The device's
- The device's current preferred language.
These two events are logged to Google Analytics using a hand written logging client that communicates directly with the Google Analytics Measurement Protocol API. This was done rather than using the Google Analytics iOS SDK or Firebase SDK in order to have fine grained control and minimize the amount of data that was sampled.
Some additional notes:
- Opener does not report the specific URLs that it sees or opens. The only situation in which the developers of Opener could see those URLs is if they're explicitly shared in bug report or feature requests sent to them.
- Opener solely uses Apple's provided crash reporting services for crash reporting.